[Users] PIC/SER PA presence module port?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Nov 24 17:56:43 CET 2005

Hello,

On 11/24/05 16:20, Joachim Fabini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did anyone succeed (or, at least, try) to port the new SER pa
> module (Jamey Hicks' additions for PIC/SER trial) to openSER?
>
> If yes: any hints on how to do this?
> If not a question to the developers: Are the module
> interfaces of SER and OpenSER still so close that a
> port of the PA module should be feasible without too
> much coding?
>
> There is much interest in presence around and having
> a decent presence module in OpenSER is a definite plus.

the presence stuff will be approached in the future in OpenSER, too. I
have seen a lot of changes and several modes of operating for the new PA
in SER. Not sure yet what sip client can be used for testing, I have
seen remarks only about eyebeam.

Several days ago SER changed the indexing style for user location
records, using now unique ids, otherwise the interfaces are still the same.