[Users] rewrite contact field

Norman Brandinger norm at goes.com
Wed Nov 23 22:33:24 CET 2005

Perhaps you are using fix_nat_contact() when you should be using
fix_nat_register().

Note that fix_nat_register() should ONLY be called when a REGISTER
method has been received.

The example below uses a couple of M4 defines, but otherwise might work
for you.  If you have any questions about the statements below, please
review the documentation available online at openser.org, onsip.org or
iptel.org

  # NAT Detection
  if (!search("^Contact:[ ]*\*") && nat_uac_test("19")) {
    setflag(FLAG_NAT_CALLER);
    setflag(FLAG_NAT_PING);
    fix_nated_register();
    force_rport();
  };

Regards,
Norm

p.s. In regard to your previous problems with devices registered to
Asterisk, I found that it is a much better idea to have all of the SIP
devices register with (Open)SER instead of Asterisk.  This solution may
not be right for you, but it's the way we prefer to do things.