[Users] open letter (2)

Marc Haisenko haisenko at comdasys.com
Wed Nov 23 11:56:52 CET 2005

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 11:15, Cesc wrote:
> I know you are not going to like my reply ... but hey, after all, i
> NEVER like yours :)
>
> Of course blacklisting harry on a personal basis is probably what some
> people did (i didn't, in the end, one needs the excitment and laughs
> that such emails produce).
> But ... I would propose harry to be expelled from the mailing list.
> Sorry, he does not have a clue about Open Source mentality and
> continuously bashes people (who are then still kind enough to reply to
> his please-do-all-the-work-for-me-for-free emails).
>
> Regards,
>
> Cesc

Well, he IS clueless and still doesn't get a whole lot of things (e.g. that he
needs to provide way more information in a better way so others can
understand his problem), and he doesn't seem to be able to read documentation
and experiment by himself (after all, it looks like he's struggling for 3
weeks or so with this problem).

But: being clueless is no crime. And banning him isn't going to help: he'd
just re-register with another name/e-mail address. And I think it would be a
bit too harsh. Just add him to your spam-filter if you don't want to read his
stuff....

C'ya,
	Marc

--