[Users] open letter

harry gaillac gaillacharry at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 22 15:23:07 CET 2005

Hello open(ser) asterisk users

Here is what i expect to do :

Asterisk: registrar with public ip port=5050
open(ser): outbound proxy with public ip port=5060

Asterisk don't support IM and presence so i want to
use SER because of it's a good proxy:

I want user agents behind nat send registration to
asterisk because of it's an ipbx :-)

Look at this diagram when user agent behind nat send
REGISTER to ser
the contact field in sip header has a private address
which one is forward to asterisk for registration.

When user agent are registered in asterisk AOR is
sip:user at private ip so asterisk query
"sip:user at private" behind nat (not possible).

How a session between two user agents behind nat could
keep in the path

        |register |            | register   |  agent1
asterisk|         |ser/nat box |            |
        | 200 OK  |            |    200 OK  |  agent2

              One box
     ---------------------------
     |  ----------------       |
     |  | asterisk pbx |       |
     |  |   SER  |====|NAT box |==== private network

Send me your questions if you don't understand what i
expect to do .

Harry