[Users] Re: [Devel] new group feature

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Nov 18 15:44:45 CET 2005

Hi Klaus,

imagine you have routing point between several termination points
(gateways, media servers, application servers, etc) and you have large
blocks of numbers/users (K or 10K order).

you know that certain range of users must be routed to specific
destinations. You can do:
    1) have a hard coded logic into the script, but it doesn't scale and
is difficult to provision
    2) use old fashion group, but you will end will huge DB.
    3) use RE based groups to define the range of users -> flexible and
scalable routing and simple to provision. BINGO :)

regards,
bogdan