[Users] problem with uac_replace_from

Brandon Price brandon.price at hostrocket.com
Wed Nov 2 15:58:35 CET 2005

I am using uac_replace_from to set the Sip display info. The problem
is that it only replaces the display when one exists and is passed.
It doesn't create one when one doesn't exist. So for example if I
use ...

uac_replace_from("batman","");

then place a call from one of my registered user agents to another
then the callerid name value is displayed properly as "batman",
however if I place a call from the pstn to one of my user agents
which comes in with no Sip display into set then it is not generated
as batman and added. I need sip display info to be replaced if it
does exist, and generated if it doesn't. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.