[Users] AVP and Radius question

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Jun 29 11:56:26 CEST 2005

Hi Klaus,

Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>
>> Hi Klaus,
>>

>> Klaus Darilion wrote:

>>> Does this also works with Radius authentication and auth_radius?
>>>
>> yes, works also with radius - if the radius server adds RADIUS AVPs
>> with code "SIP_AVP", they will be loaded as AVPs. See
>>    http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/0.9.x/auth_radius.html#AEN55
>

> Hi Bogdan!
>
> slowly I understand :-)

> Is there somewhere a list of which AVPs are already used inside
> openser? I would like to avoid using existing AVPs for my purposes.

there is no such list - all module that are using avps must/should to
have the AVP name configurable via module parameters. The module writer
will have to take what AVPs assign and for what to avoid problems.

Not sure if this policy is respected, but I think this is the best way
to go - avoid overlapping and mare configurable.

regards,
Bogdan