[Users] two issues: ser.cfg or openser.cfg and mysql password?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Jun 23 18:18:22 CEST 2005

Hello,

On 06/23/05 18:55, Juha Heinanen wrote:

>Jose Bertuzzi writes:
>
> > I tried on june 14, the debian stable package and
> > found that after installing it the config file created
> > is openser.cfg but the program calls ser.cfg. I've
> > just renamed it and start working.
>
>i noticed similar renaming issues.  it will take me at least two full
>working days to convert all my scripts to use name openser instead of
>ser.  before that i can't give openser a try.  not good at all.  i would
>have preferred to keep all names the same.

it was decided to do so to avoid confusions and overlapping. It is on
the to-do list to add a new global parameter, 'modulespath' or similar,
to be able to have:

modulespath "/usr/local/lib/openser/modules"

loadmodule "xlog.so"

For the moment is should be easier to use symbolic links:

cd /usr/local/lib/
mv ser ser.bak
ln -s openser ser