[Users] Re: [Serusers] OpenSER release

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Thu Jun 16 03:19:22 CEST 2005

On 15-06-2005 14:12, Giudice, Salvatore wrote:
> I am not an advocate for either ser or openser, but I would like to
> comment.
>
> Is openser going to be equipped with a forum/ticket system where people
> can document bugs, feature requests, etc (non-configuration issues)?
>
> This is just my observation and you may not agree, but I believe this
> project could be much better maintained if it used a more structured
> ticketing style system to manage development issues instead of the
> current mailing lists. In my experience, mailing lists like this foster
> a terrible user experience where many development issues can go on
> without response.
>
> Ideally, if there was a mailing list to address user issues and
> ticketing system like the one Digium uses to manage Asterisk, I think
> everyone would benefit by being better informed and ser would ultimately
> be a better product for it. How many people out there feel that their
> issues have fallen through the cracks in the past couple years?

  I agree. We had an internal discussion about this a long time ago and
  came to the conclusion that it might be a good idea to give a bug
  tracking system another try (we tried to use it at the beginning of
  the project but it did not work).

  So I set up Jira at http://bugs.sip-router.org and announced it to
  serdev. There was no feedback and I did not want to push it at that
  time (which was a mistake, probably).

    Jan.