[Users] about openser serial forking

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Jun 14 20:41:00 CEST 2005

Juha,

the fix is not q-value related. It's more about proper branch selection
during serial forking - the final branch is selected only from the last
set of serial forked branches. Maybe an example will be more conclusive:

1) initial fork in parallel to two destination; 486 and 301 are received
-> picked branch will be 301 (based only on branch 1 and 2)
2) serial fork from failure_route to another two destinations; 408 and
407 -> SER will pick 301 again (from all 4 branches); OpenSER will pick
408 (from only the last serial forked replies - 3 and 4).

This approach will allow to build correct logics based on multiple
serial forking steps.

hope the example helped,
bogdan