[Users] feature request

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Jul 29 11:29:51 CEST 2005

Hi there,

I agree with Juha's arguments - in actually do not need anything special
in order to protect a SIP device, if the device has proper and secure
behaviour (rejecting everything that doesn't explicitly have it's
address, having the possibility to set IP filters to accept only from
selected sources, etc).

But I have a question: are all SIP devices able to act in that way? Look
like not even the GW and not even CISCO GW do so. So, not sure how many
GW plans to add this security features and when.... :(

And that's only about GW - the idea is to be able to protect whatever
SIP device - media servers, billing servers, etc....which never knows
how "smart are"...right?

on the other hand, is somebody seeing another applicability for this IP
blacklist feature (excepting to protect inner SIP entities) ?

regards,
bogdan