[Users] Questions about openser

Michael Ulitskiy mdu113 at acedsl.com
Thu Jul 21 22:20:06 CEST 2005

Hello,

I've asked this question in serusers and serdevel. Noone answered,
so I thought I'd ask it here about openser.
I haven't tried openser yet, it's on my todo list.
I saw that openser implemented connection pool for mysql backend.
What about postgres? My guess is that every module using databse
opens a separate connection and the number of concurrent connections
will be the number of such modules multiplied by number of children?
Is it true? If so, are there any plans for connection pool for postgres?
Also it's been noticed and confirmed by Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul that
there are problems linking ser to multi-threaded libraries like libpq.
Has it been addressed by openser?
Also I'm curious whether number of children in openser is limited to a
given startup value or it is able to fork additional children as needed?
Thank you,

Michael