[Users] When does an AVP get destroyed? What if you delete an non-existent AVP?

Kanakatti M. Subramanya mahesh at aptela.com
Thu Jul 21 16:03:18 CEST 2005

Does the AVP get deleted at the end of a transaction?  At the end of a
specific dialog?
If the answer is "transaction" (and I think it is), what exactly
constitutes a transaction?  e.g. when an INVITE is received,is the
transaction completed when the corresponding "200 OK" is processed (or
CANCEL)?

Also, if I have 'avp_delete("$destination")', and the AVP '$destination'
has never been set, is this "bad"?  or a no-op?

The above two are related.  I am using AVPs to move information around
in my script, and am wondering how much cleanup is necessary (i.e.,
delete every avp i populate, etc., etc.)

cheers