[Users] openser /ser

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Jul 21 11:12:49 CEST 2005

Hello,

On 07/21/05 02:04, Iqbal wrote:

>Hi
>
>I am looking at upgrading soon, and am looking both at ser and openser,
>without wanting to open a can of worms, what is better, the features
>look pretty much the same, not sure if there are any changes to the
>underlying code, in terms of speed etc etc.
>
>I like some of the features in the roadmap of ser, if anyone has migrated
>from ser to openser, and has any pointers let me know, would be nice to
>be able to go back and forth, between them both, but I dont think
>openser cfg is compatible down to some features.

only openser 0.9.x can run ser 0.9.x config file, in the development
branch there were some major changes (pseudo-variable support in core
and several modules, return code and switch statements, ... -- see the
roadmap for more: http://openser.org/roadmap.php or take a look at
ChangeLog file from source tree).

But you can have both installed since they use different names/paths and
run just one at a moment. The problem is with user location because they
use different approaches to store details for natted users, otherwise
the database structure is similar.

Daniel