[Users] OpenSER & SEMS, fifo's, permissions and versions

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Jul 6 19:10:04 CEST 2005

Hi Adam,

1)
the fifo file will be created by OpenSER using the specified uid and gid
an with given permission mask.

if you do uid=openser, gid=voip, mask=0660, only user root, openser and
users belonging to voip group will be able to read/write to the fifo file.

if you run SEMS as user XX, you can add XX to group voip, which will
allow sems to write to OpenSER's fifo.

Just be sure the user used by SEMS has write permissions (as owner or
via group) to the OpenSER's fifo.

2) both OpenSER 0.9.x and 0.10.x work with SEMS head.

regards,
bogdan