[Users] Src&Dest ip avpops

Thu Dec 29 10:03:07 CET 2005

Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
> Rafael,
>
> Lets say we have 3 clients 2 on the same lan and another on diferent lan
>
> Client 1 192.168.3.5
>
> Client 2 192.168.3.6
>
> Client 3 192.168.4.5
>
> The line :
> avp_printf("i:450", "$dd");
>
>   if ( avp_check("i:450", "eq/$src_ip/g") )
> I mostly understand this.
>
> But I really don’t get the idea on how does the src_ip from client 1 and
> the src_ip on client 3 will be different they have different networks
> but what will happened if I use the mask 255.255.0.0 when both clients
> are on the same network.

You do not care about the netmask, as openser does not see private IP of
the client, but only the public IP of the NAT device. If clients are
behind the same NAT, openser sees the same src_ip. (and after lookup the
$dd will also be this public IP address).

> So my question is:  after I record $dd and check to $src_ip what is the
> “g” for maybe that’s the part I don’t fully understand ??

Not sure, but in regexp this means "global". I guess this means that all
AVPs named i:450 (there may be multiple AVPs with the same name) will be
checked (e.g. a forked call with multiple branches).

regards
klaus