[Users] RE: [Serusers] Re: [Serdev] Inaccurate Radius Accounting

Lenir lenirsantiago at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 23 23:10:34 CET 2005

Please read the reply below from one of the maintainers of freeradius:

"Lenir" <lenirsantiago at yahoo.com> wrote:
> But if UserB hangs up on UserA: SER generates a stop-record where the
> Calling-Station-Id is UserB and the Called-Station-Id is UserA, this
> is the undesired and incorrect behavior.

  It would appear to be a bug in SER.

> To me the Calling-Station-Id and the Called-Station-Id should be the
> same for both start and stop records, am I right by thinking that?

  Yes.

> According to the developers of SER/OpenSER, this is the correct
> behavior, whoever sends the hangup signal (BYE or CANCEL) is
> considered the Calling-Station-Id, and they are unwilling to modify or
> create a patch to "fix" this.

  What they do for something inside of SER is their business.  When they
generate RADIUS packets, they should follow RADIUS standards and
interoperability.  The expectation, as you said, is that the
Calling/Called-Station-Id doesn't change during a session.  If it does, it's
a bug and they should fix it.

  Alan DeKok.
-