[Users] direct manipulation of DB

Fri Dec 23 14:51:01 CET 2005

unplug wrote:
> I am using openser with mysql as db.  There is a tool call openserctl
> to manage the data in the openser.  I wonder whether I can direct
> manipulate the db directly without using openserctl.  I have tried to
> insert a record in the aliases table directly using mysql client but
> it doesn't work.  Can I conclude direct manipulate the DB is
> impossible?

It depends on the table! There are some tables which will be cached
inside openser, e.g:
   location
   aliases
   domain
   gw (lcr module)

If you make changes to location/aliases you have to:
  - restart openser to reload the tables or
  - use openserctl (inserts via FIFO to openser which wirtes back to the
db or
  - in case of aliases use the aliases_DB module

for the domain and gw table, you can use the respectife FIfo commands to
reload the tables.

regards
klaus