[Users] AVPops question

Joachim Fabini Joachim.Fabini at tuwien.ac.at
Fri Dec 16 11:24:18 CET 2005

> But the name of the header changes for each transaction/dialog?

Yes, that's intended - I do not want to store AVPs in
a contact-specific way (otherwise, if I use i:11 from
Bogdan's example, the script overwrites previous values
on a second call from the same terminal, nonregarding
that the first call might not yet be closed) but in a
call-specific manner, i.e. the attribute name (string)
identifies the call-id that the value stored in the AVP
belongs to.
Like stated in a previous answer - it's about creating
a P-Charging-Vector according to RFC 3455 in the core
and inserting it into all forward and reply messages.

The AVP name should be created and last exactly for the
duration of a SIP transaction. The timestamp is required
to guarantee the uniqueness of the value (must not be
re-used for a duration of at least one month).
A distinct AVP name is required for any call (identified
by a distinct call id).

--Joachim