[Users] AVPops question

Joachim Fabini Joachim.Fabini at tuwien.ac.at
Thu Dec 15 12:13:55 CET 2005

Hi Bogdan,

> why do you need a variable key name?

To generate and store a time- and call-id- (and maybe
tag)-dependent string at first time when a proxy sees
a specific call-id.  And to be able to retrieve this
string at later time (possibly from other proxies when
they process messages having this call-id).
Background: add/remove information/headers in the
core network that must not be visible to the UA.

> wouldn't this work for you?
>

> avp_printf("i:10", "$hdr(call-id)-$Ts");
> avp_pushto("$Myheader","i:10");

Two problems that I see:
1. This stores the attribute on a per-contact base.
   In the case of an UA having several concurrent calls
   (imho) I can track at most one call.
2. Other proxies can not access this info (as it could
   if the call-id-related stuff was written to a DBS
   with the call-id as name/key)

The main requirement is thus firstly to have database-
stored AVPs on a per-call base. And, secondly, to be able
to retrieve the AVP values from the DBS when processing
the content of any message belonging to this call, even
by a component that did not generate this AVP.

regards
--Joachim