[Users] Problem in creating MySQL database

Naveen Keerthi nvnbkstandards at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 07:48:59 CET 2005

Hi,

No iam not using a precompiled package, i complied it myself.

According to ur suggestion i edited the openser_mysql script and specify the
correct location of the openser_gen_ha1 tool, but this time when i tried to
create the table it gave me error

/sbin/openser_mysql.sh create
MySql password for root:
Domain (realm) for the default user 'admin': admin

creating database openser ...
ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Iam using Linux version 2.6.9-1.667 (Red Hat 3.4.2-6.fc3).

regards,
naveen