[Users] transfer not possible!!

Jayesh Nambiar voip_freak at yahoo.co.in
Wed Dec 7 06:35:27 CET 2005

hi klaus,
  Thanx for your response. I have hard phones connected to Audio codes 4-port gateway. The gateway is configured to send the calls to openser for processing. suppose there are three users connected to it.
  user1 calls user2. The call goes through. Now user 2 presses flash and tries to call user3, but both the phone gets disconnected.

  I did an ngrep and what i noticed was this:
  When user2 tries to transfer the call to user 3, the "INVITE" goes from user2 to user1 again and the call gets disconnected due to request timeout. I am not able to see any REFER method in the ngrep.

  Any advice will be appreciated.
  Thanx again.
  Jayesh

  Yes, REFER method is for call transfer. Which clients do you use? Does
the call orginate also from a SIP phone or from a gateway? What exactly
is the problem? Do you see the REFER request? Including an "ngrep port
5060" would be useful.

klaus