[Users] session termination

JF jfkavaka at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 19:09:30 CET 2005

Hi,

I've been playing around with TM callbacks and the TM API trying to
build a module which mantains dialog info in order to permit session
termination. For now I managed (in a very experimental way) to have a
function exposed to the script which initiates (appropriately built
with dialog info) BYE transactions to UAs and effectively terminates
the call. Later this could be done via FIFO or unix socket command
taking some kind of "dialog identifier" parameter...
But sending BYEs to terminate calls only works if the dialog is
already in the CONFIRMED state.
For early dialogs, CANCELs should be used. But in the TM API there is
no cancel function. Is there any other way of canceling a request on
behalf of an UA from within an (open)ser module? Or would the TM API
need to be extended?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

JF