[Users] Monitoring on failure

Jose Maria Gonzalez melopsitaco at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 12:29:52 CET 2005

I want to implement a monitor system when there is a failure route.
At first I think to send an snmp message when there was a failure
route, but the snmp module is frozen, isn't it?

Now I want to write a line in a special log file. So I want to have
the normal log file for monitor information (call stablish, call
released, etc..) and another log file for errors.
I though in use the exec module to inser the errors in the error-log
file in this way:
exec_dset("echo Error_failure_route >> file_error.log");

Does anyone have a better idea to do this? Because I think that the
exec module is slower than use xlog. It is possible to execute that
command in background? That openser does not stop the execution until
the command has finished.

Thanks

--
Salu2: