[Users] Faster to do avp_printf();avp_check OR search()?

Kanakatti Mahesh Subramanya mahesh at aptela.com
Thu Aug 25 16:44:10 CEST 2005

True. and agreed.

I was actually trying to be more general, i.e., if I wanted to do some
processing on the contents of a specific header, would it be more
efficient to extract that header using avp_printf(), and then search
within it, as compared to just searching on the whole message

The answer, as it turns out, is that yes it is probably faster (limited
to walking through and extracting just the header), and safer (less
chance of matching against something else altogether)

thanx