[Users] Re: Re: MediaProxy & PSTN GW

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Aug 22 12:32:04 CEST 2005

Hi Ozan, Hi Klaus,

the default IP routing of the UA may be more poor than forcing the
routing via a additional hop....I encountered couple of times such
situatations........strange, but may happen :).

Ozan, to force mediaproxy in your script, do so:

 if (uri=~"^sip:0[0-9]*@*") {
     rewritehost("195.XXX.122.XXX");        # This is PSTN Gateways's
Public IP
     use_media_proxy();      # add this (bogdan)
     t_on_reply("1");        # add this (bogdan)
     route(1);
   break;
 };

# add this (bogdan)
onreply_route[1] {
    use_media_proxy();
}

If it works (the relay), let me know if it really improved the QoS - I
will add your case to my exceptions book ;)

regards,
bogdan