[Users] acc module comments

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Tue Aug 9 12:11:47 CEST 2005

Hello,

On 08/09/05 12:24, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Hi!
>
> If acc module was compile with SQL/Radius support, it is not possible
> to deactivate it. IMO this is not a good design, as switching from
> radius to sql accouting requires re-compilation of the acc module.
>
> It would be nice to deactivate the sql support for example by setting
> db_url to "" if the module was compiled with sql support.

If the appropriate flag is not set (log_flag,db_flag, radius_flag) is
not set the acc should have no effect. The only drawback is that some
extra resources are used (e.g., connection to database).

> btw: is there a bugtracker to track such feature request or bug
> reports? is the bugtracker on sourceforge used?

For now, the one on sourceforge is the only available. If you can
recommend one, we can install it on openser.org.

Regards,
Daniel