[Users] Re: [Serusers] Changing 'expires' value in response to REGISTER

Andres andres at telesip.net
Thu Aug 4 04:31:45 CEST 2005

Kanakatti Mahesh Subramanya wrote:

> And the beat goes on...
>
> I 've got a bunch of Snom's that have a minimum register interval of 1
> minute.
>
> I *know* that I can get them to register every 30 seconds if I set the
> 'expires' value in the Contact header of the '200 OK' response to the
> REGISTER request appropriately (whew)
> e.g., instead of returning
> Contact: <sip:jake.foobaz at 1.2.3.4:49154>;expires=60
> I return
> Contact: <sip:jake.foobaz at 1.2.3.4:49154>;expires=30
>
> The question is - how do I change the 'expires' value?

How about using a global parameter like:

1.3.3. max_expires (integer)

   The maximum expires value of a Contact, values higher than
   this maximum will be automatically set to the maximum. Value 0
   disables the checking.

   Default value is 0.

   Example 1-3. Set max_expires parameter
modparam("registrar", "max_expires", 120)