[SR-Users] Pipelimit needs restart to reload values

Duarte Rocha duarterocha91 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 14:31:12 CEST 2022

Greetings,

I've been using the pipelimit module and the pl_check function to control
users rates in my proxy.

if (!pl_check("$var(UserID)", "TAILDROP", "$var(UserRate)")) {
     pl_drop();
     exit;
}

In this case  $var(UserID) is the pipe and  $var(UserRate) is the maximum
rate.
The value of the rate is retrieved on every call via query to a DB.

If I change the UserRate value to 0 CPS on the DB calls are not rejected
unless they go over 1 CPS. However, if I restart Kamailio all calls are
correctly rejected.

Why does this happen? Can I change this behaviour?

Cheers,

Duarte