[SR-Users] Log levels severely impacts performance

Henning Westerholt hw at gilawa.com
Thu Sep 15 23:18:51 CEST 2022

Hello,

Kamailio is using the system interface for syslog, this is also a code which is quite stable and has not seen a lot of changes in the last years.
People are using Kamailio with a lot of logging in high load situation usually without problems, there has not been a lot of reports about that in the past.

Maybe it something related to a specific distribution version? I checked, the rsyslog is using asynchronous writing as default since a long time. What logging engine do you use?

Cheers,

Henning

Kamailio services - https://gilawa.com