[SR-Users] Log levels severely impacts performance

Amit amit at brytecall.com
Thu Sep 15 15:16:08 CEST 2022

Hi Henning,

We are actually sending the logs directly to our local graylog server via the $programname property in rsyslog, and we’ve disabled writing Kamailio logs to disk (i.e. only in memory by setting Storage=volatile in rsyslog.conf) but that didn’t seem to help with the application socket receive buffer backlog.

Keep in mind that for testing purposes, I am blasting Kamailio with a fixed 2000 simultaneous registrations, so at log level 2 it really struggles and the socket buffer quickly fills up. Reducing the log level to 1 allows Kamailio to rip through the requests and the buffer stays at 0.

Amit Nir, MBA
Office: 305.999.0911
www.BryteCall.com