[SR-Users] Dialog Module: How to get two different dialogues if a call is looped through kamailo (call forwarding scenario)

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Thu Oct 20 16:22:40 CEST 2022

Hi

Using the dialog module to generate CDR for billing.

We have this situation:

Kamailio 'routing' instance, where dialog is used and billing happens.
Kamailio 'register' instance.

IC is connected to the routing instance. Customers register to the
register instance.

Call originates from 'A' via IC through routing instance to register
instance and rings customer 'B'. This times out and 'call forwarding' is
engaged by sending the call back to the routing instance with a new RURI
containing the call forwarding destination 'C'. An appropriate
'no-answer' Diversion Header is added.

Now we need two different CDR for this scenario (add more CDR if the
call is forwarded multiple times)

One from the A to B leg to bill termination fee to the IC carrier.
One from B to C to bill the forwarded call with destination 'C' to
customer B.

The issue I now face is that I only get the kamailio routing instance
to generates one dialogue from B to C despite handling two
separate connections.

How could that challenge be solved?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden