[SR-Users] IPSec problem with P-CSCF

Ali Akbar Hemmati hemmati.ali.a at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 12:53:32 CEST 2022

Hi everyone,
I am using Kamailio as an IMS server. The UE first sends its SIP REGISTER
over TCP and gets a 401 in response. Then the UE starts sending its packets
over ESP. These ESP packets reach P-CSCF but are not delivered to its
process by the kernel. We can see ESP packets in P-CSCF using wireshark.
The ports used are correct (both client and server) based on
their prior negotiations. We have also checked xfrm policies using the
command `ip xfrm policy list` and seems right regarding prior negotiations.
Our Linux kernel version is 5.4 and the OS is Ubuntu 20.04.  Has anyone any
clue of the root cause of this problem? Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Aliakbar