[SR-Users] Starting with Kamailio

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Nov 29 15:32:46 CET 2022

Hi Clint,

I do think you might be misunderstanding some of Kamailio's capability, yes. :-)

Kamailio is best described as a piece of SIP routing / infrastructure glue for the large-scale platforming of the kinds of applications you're talking about. It may well be worth learning.

However, it is not a SIP user agent endpoint. It does not make or receive calls, does not traffic in audio, and does not do voice recognition or any voice applications. You really need to think of it as more of a programmable router, closer to something like a load balancer than an application server.

-- Alex