[SR-Users] imc sends all messages with Content-Type: text/plain

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 10:43:34 CET 2022

Hello,

IMC does not implement any rfc, is kind of custom implementation for a
instant messaging conferencing room, inspired from IRC, with
/command-like control. From IETF, I think that only MSRP has specs about
group chatting, nothing that is defined for MESSAGE requests.

Anyhow, makes sense to propagate the content type, the IMC did not get
proper attention for long time, no much interest around. It defaulted to
text/plain because of the control commands. But it can be updated to
propagate content type, the module is open for contributions/enhancements.