[SR-Users] RPM SPEC file differs between repo and build server

Ryan Cloherty rcloherty at cogitocorp.com
Wed Nov 16 16:22:53 CET 2022

Hello,

I am aware of the updates that have been made to that file. I actually
referenced pkg/kamailio/obs/kamailio.spec in my first email. My issue is
that the RPMs at rpm.kamailio.org have dependencies that aren't present in
the repository's SPEC file. Per the wiki
<https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/packages/rpms>, that's the correct URL to
look for the latest releases. However, when I tried installing
https://rpm.kamailio.org/centos/7/5.6/5.6.2/x86_64/Packages/k/kamailio-5.6.2-0.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
it claimed that it needed libpython3.6 but the dependency on Python 3.6 was
removed several months ago. It was removed in this
<https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/commit/19edea067f890814c767581fef65713046c768c6#diff-8dbb56c7af7d1365d881484b7a9f216df7bb0ff6275d92b1debce86641491311L793-L796>
commit
on master and this
<https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/commit/10c3a432d8f032788bf57e304ccf728c3a379740#diff-8dbb56c7af7d1365d881484b7a9f216df7bb0ff6275d92b1debce86641491311L793-L796>
commit on the 5.6 branch. This leads me to believe that whatever build
server *is* being used to produce these RPMs is somehow using a very old
copy of the SPEC file.

Best,
Ryan