[SR-Users] TOPOS + RE-INVITE problem - Contact IP not updated

c c c at netcontrol.fr
Mon May 23 09:38:58 CEST 2022

It seems that TOPOS is not working properly on RE-INVITE and stop masking IP and contact on some RE-INVITE.

When a RE-INVITE is send with Kamailio IP as Request-URI TOPOS is not operating.

Note : we are using the HTABLE trick to rewrite $ru and match the call but we would need to have TOPOS re-evaluating the dialog once done.

We use a standard configuration with 2 modifications.

    1. in route[DISPATCH] to set the HTABLE

if(is_method("INVITE")) {
 $sht(ct=>$ci::$ft) = $sel(contact.uri);
}

    1. in route[WITHINDLG] to find the call if R-URI = myself

if(has_totag() && uri==myself) {
 if($sht(ct=>$ci::$ft) != $null && $T_reply_code > 400) $shtex(ct=>$ci::$ft) = 10 ;
  if($sht(ct=>$ci::$tt) != $null) {
     $ru = $sht(ct=>$ci::$tt);
     if (is_method("BYE")) $shtex(ct=>$ci::$tt) = 10 ;
     route(RELAY);
  }
}

As you can see in the PCAP the RE-INVITE goes directly to calling stating with the Contact not updated and the 200 OK is also sent to called party with wrong Contact info too.

[ https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/files/8730489/topos-issue.zip ]

This behavior breaks the BYE procedure.

Any advice ?

Chris