[SR-Users] Split audio and video into different calls

Rüdiger, Christoph christoph.ruediger at tkelevator.com
Fri May 13 18:54:00 CEST 2022

Hi everyone,

we are running a call center with really good to use hardphones and audio only up to this point. Because of changing regulation, we soon have to deal with video calls as well, but only for a fraction of the calls (below 1%).

Instead of switching everyone to clumsy softphones for the rare case of a video call, I’m exploring the ability to branch an incoming call into a pure audio call to the hardphone and optionally a pure video call to the softphone.

Has anyone done this in the past and can share some experiences/ideas on

  1.  Can it be done purely with Kamailio and rtpengine? I don’t have a clear picture of how to do it purely with Kamailio on the SIP side, because we end up with two independent legs (to the hardphone and the softphone). Or do I need to deploy an Asterisk, Yate, freeswitch, etc. and doing it as a 3-way conference where one party gets both RTP streams (the trunk) and the other two parties only get one RTP stream (either audio or video)?
  2.  Was it worth the effort or a steady candidate for troubles?

I’m looking forward to your thoughts, especially on question b).

Have a nice weekend,
Christoph

---
Christoph Rüdiger
Digital Operations Architect
DTX OU DACH

M +49 152 3828 0376 | christoph.ruediger at tkelevator.com<mailto:christoph.ruediger at tkelevator.com>
TK Aufzüge GmbH | Münchener Str. 100c | 45145 Essen | Deutschland | www.tkelevator.com/de<http://www.tkelevator.com/de>

VORSITZENDE DES AUFSICHTSRATS Inge Delobelle | GESCHÄFTSFÜHRUNG Burkhard Schlenker (Vorsitzender) | Christian Fongern | Katja Schrafft | SITZ DER GESELLSCHAFT Neuhausen a. d. F. | REGISTERGERICHT Stuttgart HRB 731152

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.