[SR-Users] Using TLS in Kamailio behind AWS NLB

Aditya Uppuluri uppuluriaditya at gmail.com
Thu May 12 09:31:51 CEST 2022

Hello Team,
I want to understand if there is any recommendation on installing kamailio
behind AWS NLB.
I want to enable TLS at the NLB (using the certificate generated via Aws
Certificate Manager) but still use the TLS module functionalities in
kamailio (like listening on 443 port/updating the correct via header and
all). Because NLB by default doesn't understand sips/TLS, I need a way to
differentiate whether the request came on a secure line or on a plain UDP
line.
How do I configure this? Do I need to generate new certificates for
kamailio ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Aditya