[SR-Users] avps on regexps?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 19:12:03 CEST 2022

Hello,

if I remember correctly, something similar can be achieved with dialplan
module (might require a modparam for evaluating variables in match
expression).

There is a function to evaluate twice a string with variables, but it
may lead to leak in some cases. I would avoid using it if not proper
testing is done.

Then, I second that KEMI can be a better option for more dynamic
replacement needs.

On 28.03.22 16:44, Igor Olhovskiy wrote:
> David,
>
> Regexps in Kamailio are precompiled at script load for performance
> reasons. Really limited set of regex operations are dynamic, like
> http://www.kamailio.net/docs/modules/5.4.x/modules/textops.html#textops.f.is_present_hf_re_pv
> I'd recommend to look at KEMI if you need something dynamic.
>
> пн, 28 мар. 2022 г. в 13:04, David Villasmil
> <david.villasmil.work at gmail.com>:
>
>     Hello guys,
>
>     Is it possible to use apvs on regexps like:
>
>     $avp(myvar)=$(re{uri.user}{re.subst,/^\+$avp(some_var)/$avp(some_var)/});
>
>     doesn't seem possible
>
>     Regards,
>
>     David Villasmil
>     email: david.villasmil.work at gmail.com