[SR-Users] DMQ version compatability

Ben Kaufman bkaufman at bcmone.com
Fri Mar 18 16:52:02 CET 2022

Daniel,

In a recent thread you stated the following regarding DMQ compatibility between versions:

"if you do dmq replication between kamailio systems running different major versions, then it is likely to get memory leaks due to replication of data and most probably cannot be fixed. This is because internal structures of modules (also dmq commands) can change, practically what an instance does is not ensured to happen on the other instance. Just for example, from my mind, htable got some changes during past releases, dmq also has significant enhancements by getting support for more transport protocols."
Is it possible to get a bit more clarification on this, particularly as it relates to DMQ_USRLOC?  I'm hoping to do rolling updates, but don't want to end up in a situation where I've caused myself more problems than I've solved.

Ben Kaufman