[SR-Users] WebSocket ping is not being sent

Xuo Guoto xuoguoto at protonmail.com
Thu Mar 10 17:54:37 CET 2022

Hello list,

I have kamailio 5.5.3 (x86_64/linux) configured as an SBC in front of asterisk to front end webrtc clients. Browser clients running JsSIP 3.7.0 connect to kamailio via webrtc and kamailio sends the traffic back to asterisk using SIP. rtpengine is configured to relay the RTP packets.

I need to send websocket pings every 10 seconds to the browser clients.

I have the following config in kamailio:

modparam("websocket", "keepalive_mechanism", 1)
modparam("websocket", "keepalive_timeout", 10)
modparam("websocket", "keepalive_interval", 2)
modparam("websocket", "keepalive_processes", 2)
modparam("websocket", "verbose_list", 1)

If my understanding of the documentation is correct, I do not need to do any additional configuration.

But looking at the websocket traffic, I do not see any ping packets in websocket. I am also using sipdump module to capture all packets sent and received by kamailio and the ping packets are not visible there either.

What could be wrong here? Do I need to do any additional config?

Thanks for every help!

X.