[SR-Users] rtpengine - SRTP <> RTP missing a=crypto

Rhys Hanrahan rhys at nexusone.com.au
Wed Mar 9 05:37:53 CET 2022

Hey Richard,

Just wanted to confirm you were 100% correct. It turned out I was indeed running an old version of RTPEngine (doh!). I had built this lab a couple of years ago but only recently started using RTPEngine properly.

Also as you suggested, for now, I’ve added ICE=remove. I had tried this before but unfortunately my log trawling led me to think that the NATMANAGE route block was not touched for a Teams call. When in reality, even though it’s not touched on the initial routing of the invite, for subsequent branches/replies it is used, and extra logging made this easy to see.

This fixed the error Reason header I got on the BYE of: SrtpNegotiationFailed, InternalErrorPhrase: Cannot negotiate SRTP encryption with remote participant

As an FYI to others, after doing this I ran into a couple of other errors:

  *   InternalErrorPhrase: Incorrect number of media streams in SDP answer – This *was* because I had rtpengine_manage() called twice during the initial INVITE. By simplifying my config, this error went away.

  *   SdpParsingErrorInternalException, InternalErrorPhrase: Exception occurred during SDP parsing (line 0): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.\0d\0a   at Micros" – This one I am still investigating. I haven’t had time to re-work my rtp engine config to do proper RTP<>SRTP conversion this week so far, but hopefully will progress it soon and come back with a solution.

Thanks everyone for your help on this! Hopefully I finish getting it sorted out soon.

Rhys Hanrahan | Chief Information Officer
e: rhys at nexusone.com.au<mailto:rhys at nexusone.com.au>

[www.nexusone.com.au]<http://www.nexusone.com.au/>   [signature_2037815728] <http://www.fusiontech.com.au/>

NEXUS ONE | FUSION TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS
p: 1800 NEXUS1 (1800 639 871) or 1800 565 845 | a: Suite 12.03 Level 12, 227 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW 2000
www.nexusone.com.au<http://www.nexusone.com.au/> | www.fusiontech.com.au<http://www.fusiontech.com.au/>

The information in this email and any accompanying attachments may contain; a. Confidential information of Fusion Technology Solutions Pty Ltd, Nexus One Pty Ltd or third parties; b. Legally privileged information of Fusion Technology Solutions Pty Ltd, Nexus One Pty Ltd or third parties; and or c. Copyright material Fusion Technology Solutions Pty Ltd, Nexus One Pty Ltd or third parties. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Fusion Technology Solutions Pty Ltd, Nexus One Pty Ltd does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use or distribution of this email.