[SR-Users] Run PCSCF without IPSec

Weiqi Yao wyao at omniprophis.com
Thu Jun 30 22:54:07 CEST 2022

Hello Community,

We are running Kamailio with 3 instances as PCSCF/ICSCF/SCSCF, and we don't want IPsec to be used in between PCSCF and UE and we confirmed the initial Register UE send do not have the Security-Client header. However, seems the IPsec is enabled by default in current PCSCF cfg, we tried to comment WITH_IPSEC as well as couple ipsec_forward function out in the cfg, but when the 401 Challenging message send to PCSCF and PCSCF failed to forward it to UE due to (Create ipsec failed) reason.

So I want to reach out and see if anyone have experience not using IPsec with currently Kamailio PCSCF? Any clue or comment will be appreciated!

BR,

Weiqi