[SR-Users] Testers wanted for new TLS transport based on wolfSSL

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 10:05:17 CEST 2022

Hello,

thanks for these details!

I am actually writing about the git submodule and I think we have decide
on a good/common practice should such need comes more often in the future.

I noticed that many project have a dedicated folder like vendor/ or
external/ where they place the 3rd party submodules. That makes it
easier to know the external dependencies and figure out also better the
impact on license, etc...

It is also better if another module needs the same submodule, for
example now we have crypto module that uses libssl. I do not know if
wolfssl has also those functions used by crypto module, if yes, maybe
someone wants to add a replace module for crypto with wolftls as well,
to not have to install libssl at all.

In my opinion, this approach would be better than have inside module
directory. I would propose to place them inside a folder like
misc/vendor or misc/external or another subfolder of misc/, given that
we do not want to add again (and grow) to the root folder like in the past.

I am going to open an issue on tracker about this and get the feedback
from other devs. But if any of community members can share best
practices out there, maybe from similar projects, then just reply to
mailing list.