[SR-Users] Multiple rtpengine servers

David Cunningham dcunningham at voisonics.com
Thu Jul 7 03:32:14 CEST 2022

Hello,

We are looking to implement a system with one Kamailio server and multiple
rtpengine servers. I see that the rtpengine module allows the server
configuration to be stored in a database table with multiple entries, which
is perfect.

My question is - how does Kamailio distribute load between multiple
rtpengine servers in the same set?

If one of the rtpengine servers goes offline then will Kamailio note this
and not send calls to that server until it comes back online? If not then
presumably calls could be delayed by whatever the timeout for accessing a
server is?

Thank you very much,

--
David Cunningham, Voisonics Limited