[SR-Users] Question about SIP registration

Cheng Tang ct.ariel at outlook.com
Fri Jul 1 14:58:33 CEST 2022

Hi, everyone!

In one sentence, I want to know how to how to add the shared key (aka. K, Ki) used by AKA algorithm to Kamailio.

I’m using Kamailio as an IMS server to test my own 5G Core. As you know, UE would send its first SIP Registration message to Kamailio with its IMPI and IMPU, then Kamailio should use the shared key to proceed AKA algorithm to generate the authentication vector, then respond UE with 401 unauthorized message to challenge the UE. I’ve done my research and I still can’t figure out how to let Kamailio know this shared key. And when I was doing my test, it seems like Kamailio used some default key to generate the auth vector.

Could anybody help me? I’ve been stuck here for days.