[SR-Users] Call Preservation Mode in Kamailio

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Jan 9 17:37:43 CET 2022

A question I would carefully consider is:

What exactly needs to be “preserved”?

To be sure, there are some valid answers to that question: transaction state for handling CANCELs or pending requests, in-dialog variables, etc.

Still, you can kill a Kamailio instance ‘mid-call’ - or even disconnect the proxy server from the network - without interrupting the call…

— Alex