[SR-Users] t_on_failure => what variables being reset to which values?

Benoît Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Mon Feb 28 09:58:50 CET 2022

Hi List

We t_on_failure re-route calls to another destination in case one fails
for example announcement servers...

Before sending to the announcement server I do add some extra header to
define which announcement in which language should be played:

        append_hf("IMP-annc: $avp(announcecode)\r\n");
        append_hf("IMP-mandate: $avp(mandate)\r\n");
        append_hf("IMP-language: $avp(callerlang)\r\n");

Also $rU is being set prior to sending the call to the announcement
server.

Now one of our announcement servers became unavailable and t_on_failure
was triggered.

The 2nd announcement servers was receiving the calls without any of the
additional header and with the 'inbound' $ru without the altered $rU

https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/tm.html#tm.f.t_on_failure

I'm a bit confused by that, as this states the URI is reset to the
value it had on 'relaying'. Is this on 'inbound replaying' or on
'outbound relaying' when route(RELAY) was called to send the call TO
the first annoucement server?

Is there a bit more specific information on that behaviour?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon- @ HomeOffice und normal erreichbar
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden