[SR-Users] dispatcher.reload

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 09:49:35 CET 2022

Hello,

you can use the rpc command hash to see what destination is selected.
The hash id value does not change, for a user/uri is always the same
value. Then the 'hashid % number_of_destination' (modulo operation) is
used to pick up the destination from a dispatcher group.

If after the reload is the same number of destination is the group, the
destination at the same index in the group is used. If the number of
destinations in the group is different, then a redistribution can happen.

On 24.02.22 09:32, David Villasmil wrote:
> Hello and thanks for your reply, all.
> Actually I WANT that behavior :) switching users to other boxes.
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2022 at 07:45, Paolo Visintin
> <paolo.visintin at evoseed.io> wrote:
>
>     Hello David,
>     In my experience yes, the hash policy will be reset after reload
>     but you can use htable to cache results and avoid this behavior.
>
>     Regards
>
>     Paolo
>

>     Il giorno mer 23 feb 2022 alle 23:38 David Villasmil
>     <david.villasmil.work at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
>         Hello guys,
>
>         We're dispatching with hash over user, if i
>         execute |dispatcher.reload|
>         <http://www.kamailio.net/docs/modules/5.0.x/modules/dispatcher.html#dispatcher.r.reload>
>         does the dispatcher list gets calculated? i.e. user A is
>         always dispatched to box3, if i reload, is the hash
>         recalculated and will probably be dispatched differently?
>

>         Regards,
>
>         David Villasmil
>         email: david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
>         phone: +34669448337

>     --
>

>         Paolo Visintin
>
>     *evoseed s.r.l.*
>

>     	 * *phone:  +39 346 09 86 641
>          mail:  paolo.visintin at evoseed.io
>           site:  evoseed.io <http://evoseed.io/>
>     address:  Via Lucrezio 13, Trieste Italy
>     <https://www.google.com/maps/search/Via+Lucrezio+13,+Trieste+Italy?entry=gmail&source=g>

> Regards,
>
> David Villasmil
> email: david.villasmil.work at gmail.com